By Molly McCoy, Community Manager
This September, three couples are going to embark on a dream trip to Italy and Croatia, planned with care by Vacation Specialist Thecla Vis from our Vacations & Cruises division. Thecla has a long-standing relationship with one of these couples, and took some time to sit down with me and explain the planning process of this fantastic trip.
Q: Can you tell me a little about these clients and what they were looking for with this trip?
THECLA: They’re repeat clients. They’re adventurous, which is why we get along really well. They are in their 40s and own a restaurant, so they also go places where they can incorporate some kind of wine tour and food tasting. They’ve been on quite a few trips and every year they do something wonderful!
Q: What is the planning relationship like in terms of collaboration and suggestions?
THECLA: With these guys I can suggest the most crazy things to do. On a past trip to Italy, I sent them truffle hunting with dogs, and they were all for it! I even had them going on a segue tour in a little village. They love doing those interesting activities. With this trip, they told me they were interested in Italy and Croatia, and then it was my job to find something fun for them to do there. Plus, my on-location partners have so many great suggestions, even when I’m not as familiar with a particular area; it makes it easy to trust that my clients will be happy when they arrive.
Q: Do you have a favorite part of this itinerary?
THECLA: I love the whole thing! It’s an unbelievable itinerary. I do their trips as if I were planning my own. It makes it really fun.
Here are a few highlights from this incredible itinerary:
- Overnights at Grand Hotel Duchi D’Aosta in Trieste & Londra Palace Hotel in Venice (Italy)
- Half-Day Oil & Wine Tasting
- Hands-on Cooking Class in a Historic 15th Century Venetian Villa
- Overnights at Hotel Marmont in Split, Villa Nora in Hvar, & Hotel Bristol in Opatija (Croatia)
- Private walking tour of Plitvice Lakes with an English-speaking guide
- Guided walking tour of Split with visits to Diocletian Cellers, Peristil, Vestibul
- Rafting and a canoe safari in Omis Radman’s Mills
- Sightseeing in Hvar, voted as one of the Top 10 European Islands by Conde Nast Traveller 2009 Readers Choice Awards
- Hvar biking tour & one-day sailing cruise to Milna settlement of Brac island
Click here for more information on Atlas Travel Vacations & Cruises. To contact Thecla directly, email email@example.com or call 508-488-1109.